Sharp UM32W Shutdown

Bruce Stram brucest1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 08:25:54 UTC 2006

Add me to the list if you're still keeping it.

I'll add the following information: the shutdown
started happening to me about 3 years ago.  I starting
ascribing the problem to heat, as you did.  I tried to
nurse it along by keeping it cooler, but the problem
persisted.

It finally progessed to the point where I got a "can't
find operating system" on trying to start.  I then
recovered the system using disks and reinstalled my
programs (which are not that many since I only use the
laptop on travel.)

Over serveral years the problem persisted, reappearing
and gradually growing worse after the recovery.
Finally I couldn't seem to do anything.  Spindisk
would not complete a cycle. (Tho the computer seems to
have no problem with heat through the long recovery
process and Spindisk cycles.)

Finally I replaced the hard disk.  And things have
been fine for six months, til now.  Its back.

If you know any more, please let me know.

Bruce Stram