Acer Aspire AS5672 - network card not properly detected

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Sun Jul 16 15:05:46 UTC 2006

In message <20060716005959.14b36afa.torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no>,
Torfinn In
golfsen writes:

> --Boundary_(ID_pwwWHY5pYIkF6Av5LfH5YA)
>
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:57:59 +0200
> Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:
>
> > able to get an updated /usr/src onto the machine, which now runs
> > FreeBSD 6.1-stable. New dmesg attached. It still fails to attach the
>
> Damn! Of course I forgot to attch the new dmesg output. Here it is.

Just a shot in the dark, could the ACPI problems seen in your dmesg output be related to the interface problems you're experiencing. The battery (_BST) messages are harmless but the following concern me.

    ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [Z006] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
SearchNode 0xc63d92a0 StartNode 0xc63d92a0 ReturnNode 0
    ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [Z006] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
SearchNode 0xc63d9000 StartNode 0xc63d9000 ReturnNode 0
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR

This could be a shot in the dark. Try disabling ACPI.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>

    "Lift long enough and I believe arrogance is replaced by
    humility and fear by courage and selfishness by generosity
    and rudeness by compassion and caring."
        -- Dave Draper