iwi improvements - thanks!!

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Jul 16 13:50:34 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I was using 6.0 and now 6.1 on a Thinkpad Z60M with iwi (.ko) and the
iwi-firmware package. I was having issues resuming if I had used the wireless
before suspending.
I did a ports + kernel + world upgrade yeterday, and when checking man iwi I
released it suggested using the iwi-firmware-kmod port. I duly changed to this
and it is  working, this far, just great :)  resume, works no problem at all,
no lockups, no drops in iwi card :)

$ kldstat | grep iwi
 4    1 0xc08d1000 f368     if_iwi.ko
13    1 0xc59e5000 30000    iwi_bss.ko

To everyone involved in this overahaul, and to everyone in the lists that
always help out, thanks :) If you drop by Sydney, Australia, feel free to drop
me a line for the obligatory beer ;)

All the best,
Beto