FreeBSD 5.4 and PCMCIA drivers

Lila liladude at aruba.it
Fri Feb 17 01:02:54 PST 2006

Hello everybody!
I have just managed to install FreeBSd 5.4 on my Omnibook 900 laptop (well..
I think I need to tune it a bit, but as my first FreeBSD installation it's
working better than I suposed).
My problem is with my ethernet pc-card: cardbus recognize it (I have a
prompt and it blinks once) but cannot find proper drivers.
Actually my card (Net-Easy  DRP-32TXD) is supported by PCMCIA drivers fro
linux (http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/) but is not listed in the
pccard.conf file of FreeBSD. This is why I am planning to compile the PCMCIA
drivers, but I'm worried about having it conflicting with cardbus and I'm
not sure that drivers intended for Linux can run on FreeBSD as most
application do, so I was wondering if anybody tried something similar or can
give me any suggestion.
My experience on FreeBSD is limited to compile applications on a jail, never
had anything to do with kernel and drivers before, so I beg you pardon if my
problem is somehow stupid or off topic.
Regards,
Lila