dhclient in 6.0

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Feb 3 11:44:03 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-Feb-03 10:53:57 +0000, Phillip Neumann wrote:
>Ill use this same topic to ask this.. :-)

It would be preferable to start a new thread to make it easier to
follow both.

>bfe0: no link .............. giving up

>why is it trying to obtain a ip adress on a inteface wich has no link?
>it should quit inmediatly...

Because the link may not come up immediately.  I've noticed that it
can take a few seconds to detect a link on a wired interface and I
suspect it can be longer on wireless.

If you feel up to patching the code, you could try making the
timeout in sbin/dhclient/dhclient.c configurable, rather than fixed
at 10 seconds.

I can't explain why it tries twice.
--
Peter Jeremy