How to debug ACPI

Erik Nørgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Wed Aug 2 17:52:43 UTC 2006

Hi:

As maybe noted in other thread, I have some problems with my notebook.
Reading the handbook it seems that a lot may be related to ACPI.

The problem is that if I boot with acpi enabled then the system hangs
when the cdrom has been identified - that is just before mounting the
root partition and handling control to init.

The handbook suggest to build acpi with ACPI_DEBUG=1 which I did, and
then boot with "boot -v" but it's pretty hard to dump the output to a
file...

Any hints on how to get on from here?

I have built the kernel with KDB, KDB_TRACE and DDB, but I've never used
it - is there some way I can break the process on boot and take notes?

Thanks, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org
X.509 Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/8D03551FFCE04F0C.crt