NB Acer [3|5]0x and ACPI

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Sun Sep 25 13:08:32 PDT 2005

hi

i am wondering if some got this acer nb's working well on v5 or v6

I have an Acer 3002 and fbsd6-B5 is installing and working fine for me  when
not looking at notebook issues ...

I have no battery control at all and when it comes to end it is like a
power-failure (=off)

I noticed zillions of "AE_whatever_battery_.." in messages and I could stop
this by

debug.acpi.disabled="cmbat"

in /boot/loader.conf

I set

apm_enable="YES"

in rc.conf and in KDE the kdelaptopd reports "on AC"or "on Bat" but still no
powermangement and it's ever fully charged or empty

apm is not compiled in my kernel as well as acpi is not and acpi is normally
loaded at boot

even if I see msgs like "power_profile economy" in messages after some time of
inactivity there is no real power management

is there anybody doing better or has suggestions?

I saw a doc about Acer smart batteries on FBSD and ACPI, does it mean that
acpi is not working on my NB actually?

the page of the following link do has any chance on Fbsd?

http://www.archernar.co.uk/acer_acpi/acer_acpi_main.html

So final question is if some compiled with success amd64 on this NB with
Sempron Mobile 2800+ (1600Mhz) ?

João

btw: who wants to now the onboard broadcom WL is working very well with ndis
on 2.4 and 5.8 to my surprise