Senao WiFi problems

Howard Drake howie at nauticall.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 08:01:23 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have a Senao 2511 MP Plus mini PCI card running under FreeBSD 5.3. I am
trying to make it scan for available networks and currently run the
following two commands "ifconfig wi0 ssid ''" followed by "wicontrol -L",
but I get wildley different results each time I run these commands -
sometimes I get a list of 6 or 7 access points and other times I don't get
any listed. These tests are carried out in the same location, consecutively,
so I would expect to see the same number of available access points.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm missing, or what the problem is?

The card is connected to a 15Db gain external antenna and if I run the same
card and antenna under Windoze it gives me consistent results...

TIA

Howie