Boot problem 6.0

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 23 13:43:19 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 06:09 am, Thomas J Casey wrote:
> I'm a Newbie, can some one please advise me, or point me to documentation.
> I'm trying to boot a Pentium II Inspiron laptop from floppies
>
> The Boot loader halts after the ten second delay, and into the start of the
> second stage. after this line is printed to screen:
>

> ss:eip=de 7d .........line of Hex
>            second line of Hex
> BTX halted

That should be s/eip/esp/.  I would really need to see the full screen of
output (maybe via a picture from a digital camera?) to have a chance at
investigating this.

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org