High-end 3D laptop

Pete Carss itinerant at mac.com
Thu Nov 24 00:42:39 GMT 2005

Hello All

I'm trying to spec a development laptop for a project that needs to
drive a 2048x1536 projector (3D and Video). I'm trying to find one
that's FreeBSD friendly - as a skunkworks way of getting it onto the
final system. I'm wary, as I used to run FreeBSD 5.x on an HP nx9005
- and had no end of trouble. I'm looking for laptops with nVidia
GeForce 7800 GTX or Quadro 1400 graphics cards. It seems that there
are a few Dell models - I'm thinking Precision M70 - or the endless
'Clevo' 17" models that have options like dual SATA drives etc. So my
question is: anyone have any experience in this area? any
recommendations?

Cheers

Pete