802.11a pcmcia cards

Aidan Whyte aidanwhyte at eircom.net
Wed Mar 2 00:57:43 GMT 2005

Anyone know of any 802.11a (/ab/abg/ag/whatever) pcmcia cards that have an external antenna
connector?

I've read that they're hard to find because most 802.11a cards use a mix of 2 frequency bands to
give more non-overlapping channels, but the FCC doesn't allow one of those bands to be used for
external use so no equipment transmitting over that spectrum can have external antenna connectors.
I'm in Europe where this doesn't apply, but I still can't find any card with an external antenna
connector :o/ If one was found that was known to work under freebsd that would be a big bonus :o)

TIA,
Aidan