Dell Latitude D600

Parv parv at pair.com
Wed Jan 26 21:02:11 PST 2005

in message <200501261626.j0QGQW5t038446 at ns.juven.sk>,
wrote User Koren thusly...

> I found comments on http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/ about
> Dell Latitude D600 notebook. I am in decision making which kind of
> notebook should I buy right now and I would like to be sure that it is
> working with FreeBSD RELENG_5.
>
> I need working the following features:
>
> - serial port - minicom, tip...
> - NIC
> - modem ; either internal or via PCMCIA (now I have xircom)
> - burning CD
> - ACPI - CPU throttling, switching off when battery is short,
>   suspending (on the web page is mentioned, it is not working; is
>   there any progress? it would be a plus)
> - PCMCIA cards generally
> - optionally: bluetooth, wireless

I am currently using IBM ThinkPad T42 2373-5TU w/ RELENG_5.3 which
has all the above listed things other than bluetoosh support.  I
have not tried the wireless connectivity via the Intel Pro/2200BG
network interface.

Let me mention that ACPI does work wrt CPU throttling,
suspend/resume, and power off.  Use of apm to suspend the computer
results in machine lock, thus hard power recycle/off.

  - Parv