Dell Latitude D600

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Wed Jan 26 08:43:45 PST 2005

User Koren wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I found comments on http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/ about
> Dell Latitude D600 notebook. I am in decision making which kind of
> notebook should I buy right now and I would like to be sure that it is
> working with FreeBSD RELENG_5.
>
> I need working the following features:
>
> - serial port - minicom, tip...

Works perfectly.

> - NIC

Works perfectly.

> - modem ; either internal or via PCMCIA (now I have xircom)

Hmm - never tried internal, pcmcia should work.

> - burning CD

Works - so does DVD's.

> - ACPI - CPU throttling, switching off when battery is short,
>   suspending (on the web page is mentioned, it is not working; is
>   there any progress? it would be a plus)

CPU throttling works well (see estctrl in ports), and S1 suspend works, but S3 does not (yet).

> - PCMCIA cards generally

Work well.

> - optionally: bluetooth, wireless

My mini-pci internal Atheros card works flawlessly, and my USB bluetooth adapter also works very well.

Eric