Dell Latitude D600

User Koren koren at ns.juven.sk
Wed Jan 26 08:26:35 PST 2005

Hi.

I found comments on http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/ about
Dell Latitude D600 notebook. I am in decision making which kind of
notebook should I buy right now and I would like to be sure that it is
working with FreeBSD RELENG_5.

I need working the following features:

- serial port - minicom, tip...
- NIC
- modem ; either internal or via PCMCIA (now I have xircom)
- burning CD
- ACPI - CPU throttling, switching off when battery is short,
  suspending (on the web page is mentioned, it is not working; is
  there any progress? it would be a plus)
- PCMCIA cards generally
- optionally: bluetooth, wireless

It would help me much if somebody could comment on my questions (I
know, there are some comments on the page, I would like to know as
well, if there are any updates...). Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Ludo Koren