Thinkpad 600e interrupt storm

Matthew N. Dodd mdodd at FreeBSD.ORG
Fri Feb 25 01:28:40 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Understudy wrote:
> This looks pretty cool. Let me see if I understand what I am suppose to
> do with this. I download it and untar it ( done ). Then I saw the
> makefile. So I am thinking I should become root cd to the directory
> where the make file is and run make install clean and then read the man
> smapi pages and attempt to follow the instructions contain therein.

Build the userland utility (under usr.sbin/smapi/ in the tar.gz)
Make sure the smapi(4) driver is loaded (sys/modules/bios/smapi)

Run the command as root.  The stuff you're interested in is under 'smapi
config'.

DO NOT try and alter config settings!  This will result in a reboot, for
reasons I have yet to determine.

Here is my config:

%%%
# smapi config serial
[Serial Port Settings]

Commands:
         A/              Serial Port A Settings
         B/              Serial Port B Settings
         MWAVE/          MWAVE Modem Settings

  Port Enabled  IRQ  Address
----- -------- ---- ------------------------
     A Yes(Yes) 4(4) 0x3f8-0x3ff(0x3f8-0x3ff)
     B  No(No)  -    -
MWAVE Yes(Yes) 3(3) 0x2f8-0x2ff(0x2f8-0x2ff)

Note: CMOS settings appear inside of ().

# smapi config ir
[IR Port Settings]

              Current        CMOS
          ----------- -----------
Enabled:          No          No
     IRQ:    disabled           4
     DMA:    disabled          51
Address: 0x3f8-0x3ff 0x3f8-0x3ff

# smapi config dsp
[DSP Settings]

               Current        CMOS
           ----------- -----------
  Enabled:         Yes         Yes
      IRQ:          10          10
      DMA:           1           1
  Address: 0x130-0x13f 0x130-0x13f

# smapi config parallel
[Parallel Port Settings]

               Current        CMOS
           ----------- -----------
  Enabled:         Yes         Yes
     Mode:         ECP         ECP
      IRQ:           7           7
      DMA:    disabled    disabled
  Address: 0x3bc-0x3be 0x3bc-0x3be
           0x7bc-0x7be 0x7bc-0x7be

# smapi config audio
[Audio Settings]

                  Current        CMOS
     Enabled:         Yes         Yes
         IRQ:           5           5
         DMA:         1,3         1,3
  SB Address: 0x220-0x233 0x220-0x233
WSS Address: 0x530-0x537 0x530-0x537

--
10 40 80 C0 00 FF FF FF FF C0 00 00 00 00 10 AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00