sound doesn't work on medion MD9580F laptop using FreeBSD 5.3

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Tue Dec 6 03:56:09 PST 2005

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:28:14 +0100
fournilgilles at free.fr wrote:
> hi everyone,
>
> I have a medion MD9580F laptop  and am using FreeBSD 5.3.
>
> Everything works perfectly fine except the sound :o(
>
> It has an ESS Technologies ES1988 Allegro-1 COMM (rev 12) sound card
> which perfectly fine under linux (when I boot on a live knoppix cd
> for instance) which uses the maestro3 and ac97_codec modules.

How about "kldload snd_maestro3" ? If that works, you can set it
permanently through /boot/loader.conf : snd_maestro3_load="YES".

--
Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD

http://www.MyBSD.org.my (IPv6/IPv4)