3Com 11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter [3CRDAG675] info needed!!!

Alejandro Valenzuela Roca lanjoe9 at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Aug 19 13:01:56 GMT 2005

Hello, Novak.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, school just started and I couldn't
find the patch anywhere (it was.. of course, in my home directory :P)

I've got a 3com 3CRDAG675 and it works nicely with the atheros driver
when I apply Sam Leffler's patch and recompile the kernel.
This isn't hard to do, you just need to download ath.patch ( http://blake.prohosting.com/esnet/lanjoe9/freebsd/ath.patch.txt ) and copy it
to your /sys/ directory (you need to have the kernel source code
installed, btw) and run (as root) patch <ath.patch from /sys/. If you
don't see any errors, you simply recompile and install the kernel and
load the if_ath.ko driver after next reboot (if you haven't included it
in your kernel config, that is). Your computer should show this
somewhere in dmesg:

dmesg | grep ath0

ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xdc800000-0xdc80ffff at device 8.0 on pci0
ath0: mac 5.6 phy 4.1 5ghz radio 3.6
ath0: Ethernet address: 00:0e:6a:7a:91:eb
ath0: 11a rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
ath0: 11g rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps
24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: turbo rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps

I've used the 3com 3CRDAG675 in access point mode mostly, and it has
quite a good range and transfer rate.

Have a nice day
Alejandro

PS: I know the patch is kind of old, but it was the last one I could
find working in non-current kernels, and Sam seems to be a really busy
person so I've tried not to bother him. I do have the impression I had a
more recent one somewhere...