Thinkpad 600E and 5.2

Peter Sandilands peter at sandilands.vu
Wed Jul 28 18:35:42 PDT 2004

> > If I use 5.x I need to run OLDCARD but the above cards
> work there also
>
> 	Can you explain wht OLDCARD is?  I'd like one card that I can
> 	transfer, etc....

5.x has a new PCMCIA structure - NEWCARD.  This adds Cardbus support
and I think reworked the pcmcia device architecture quite a bit.
OLDCARD is a kernel conf file that replaces the new devices with the
device structure out of 4.x.
Basically you need to recompile the kernel as per the handbook but use
OLDCARD in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf as your starting point.

BTW mail direct to your tao.thought.org address is being bounced as
spam

regards
Pete