Thinkpad 600E and 5.2

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Jul 28 23:00:27 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 11:35:25AM +1000, Peter Sandilands wrote:
> > > If I use 5.x I need to run OLDCARD but the above cards
> > work there also
> >
> > 	Can you explain wht OLDCARD is?  I'd like one card that I can
> > 	transfer, etc....
>
> 5.x has a new PCMCIA structure - NEWCARD.  This adds Cardbus support
> and I think reworked the pcmcia device architecture quite a bit.
> OLDCARD is a kernel conf file that replaces the new devices with the
> device structure out of 4.x.
> Basically you need to recompile the kernel as per the handbook but use
> OLDCARD in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf as your starting point.

	In otherworlds it's

	  # make buildkernel installkernel KERNEL=OLDCARD

	or something else?  I found the OLDCARD file, no
	NEWCARD.   (i guess i'll find out if it's generatd...)

> BTW mail direct to your tao.thought.org address is being bounced as
> spam

	Yeah, I junt messed with /etc/mail on sage/ns1, but thanks
	to Cody's forwarding his bounce to me at magnesium, looks
	like my /etc/mail/access[.db] here on tao was amiss.
	Should be fixed.  {I-hope,I-hope}

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix