Enhanced SpeedStep driver available

Volker Kindermann ml at ps102.de
Mon Aug 16 23:59:30 PDT 2004

Hi Colin,

first, thanks for your great work!

>   I've also put together a very simple control daemon which
> reads kern.cp_time every second and adjusts the cpu frequency
> based on the fraction of cpu time which is idle.

Is it possible to make that reading intervall smaller, e.g. half a
second?

Reason: in their latest release, german c't magazine (for computer
technik) reports about linux on laptops. There's an utility called
cpufreq which does similar work as your module. They say that check
intervalls longer than half a second could make the system feel slow.

I don't know if this affects only linux systems but perhaps it's worth
testing.

 -volker