Setting Up Dual Head Video

Rod Person rodperson at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 18:37:32 PDT 2003

I have a IBM ThinkPad R40 with an ATI mobilty Radeon.
I have an 17" Compaq V700 monitor external monitor. What I would like to do is
set up XFree86 with a resolution of 1280x1024 on the external monitor and
1024x768 on the laptops LCD screen. Presently, if I boot with the montor on
and connected the laptop will get a virtual resolution of 1280x1024.

Does anyone have this type of setup working? Below are sections of my
XF86Config:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "IBM"