Orinoco Gold Card (8420-WD) Problems

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Oct 1 07:54:29 PDT 2003

The problem is that manufacturers change the implementation without
changing the model number, so you also have to check the
suffix/revision.  At least the orinoco card changed model numbers.

There is a new Atheros driver.  NetBSD has an ADMtek driver, and hence
FreeBSD likely will soon.  I suspect one of the linksys and dlink
might have one of those chips.  I have no idea what chip is in the
orinoco.  Running strings on the windows driver might be interesting.