Dell 4150 & ACPI-0293: *** Warning: Buffer created with zero length in AML

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Mon Jun 23 01:03:51 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 10:58:41PM +0200, Eric Masson wrote:

>  Harald> This was discussed on freebsd-current in a thread starting
>  Harald> 2003-06-10, "ACPI Regression in -CURRENT?". There was some
>  Harald> confusion about which file needed to be patched. I put my
>  Harald> version of the patch here:
>
>  Harald>   http://www.math.ntnu.no/~hanche/tmp/insp4150.patch
>
> Thanks to everyone who responded.
>
> Ok, patch applied, everything seems to work fine. Acpi can't initialize
> cmbat1, but it seems logical to me as I only have one battery :)
>
> Has anyone succeded in seting up suspend to disk on this machine (I've
> tried to create a std partition with dell tools but I could only make
> suspend but never resume).

Yes I have. Resume has the same problem as ACPI sleep state S3 though, the
display stays off. Other people have reported the display coming back up
after about 30-60 seconds but I've never waited that long :)

> Setup has changed now as this machine triple boots dos, w2k and FreeBSD.
> So I have a 1 GB dos partition where a suspend file could be stored.

MKS2D.EXE worked for me.

HTH,

--Stijn

--
"Diane, 2:15 in the afternoon, November 14. Entering town of Twin Peaks.
 Five miles south of the Canadian border, twelve miles west of the state