ALC and TEST MODE 15 (was: ACL and TEST MODE 15)

Vaclav Petricek vaclav.petricek at mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jun 20 14:14:28 PDT 2003

First of all sorry for systematically using ACL instead of correct ALC.

After looking through linux source I came to the conclusion that the
WI_DEBUG_CONFBITS section should disable the ALC. When I was testing this
it did not happen :-( On ZCOM XI 325H I would understand as I heard they
do not support manual txpower regulation. But I was assured that another
one I tried supports manual setting and still it did not work. The
reported output levels were still oscilating although around a different
level than high power cards.

Does anyone know if
- it is possible to convert the high power cards to manually tunable just
  by firmware upgrade?
- the cards report whether the txpower may be manually set?

Vaclav