ACL and TEST MODE 15

Vaclav Petricek vaclav.petricek at mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jun 20 12:52:41 PDT 2003

Hello

Looking at Warner's wi-power.diff I am wandering what use is the section
setting WI_DEBUG_CONFBITS. Is it a trick to make future txpower adjustment
without disabling ACL?

static void
wi_writepower(const char *iface, int power)
{
        struct wi_req wreq;

        wreq.wi_type = WI_DEBUG_CONFBITS;     //
        wreq.wi_val[0] = 1;                   //
        wreq.wi_val[1] = 0x8;                 // ???
        wreq.wi_len = 1 + 1 + 1;              //
        wi_setdebug(iface, &wreq);            //

        wreq.wi_type = WI_RID_MIF;
        wreq.wi_val[0] = WI_HFA386X_CR_MANUAL_TX_POWER;
        wreq.wi_val[1] = power;
        wreq.wi_len = 1 + 1 + 1;
        wi_setval(iface, &wreq);
}

Using this patch I am able to set the txpower but as the ACL is not
disabled the change is reverted immediatelly. I found out that to disable
the ACL I need to use a TEST MODE 15 command. On a point to point link I
would like to keep the ACL but I want to be able to limit the maximum
txpower so that I do not exceed local regulations but that would require
some more work I guess. For the time being a fixed setting of txpower
would do. As I have not yet obtained the driver programmers manual from
intersil (NDA required) I am not sure of the correct values to fill in
wreq structure when issuing the TEST MODE 15 command. Can anyone share the
values with me (if the NDA allows)?

Thank you very much,

Vaclav