Still no Xircom Realport in 5.1-REL?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Jun 11 22:51:05 PDT 2003

In message: <5B5A5ABA-9C45-11D7-967B-000502916C37 at slam.cc>
            Aron Roberts <aron at slam.cc> writes:
: So I have been periodically checking in with each minor
: update/snap/beta/rc to 5.x to see if My Xircom RBE-100 will work. Since
: others seem to have the same card (plus modem) working it seems like
: the plain ol' RBE-100 has a good shot at working. I have been doing
: searches though mail archives.. and if there is some instruction I am
: missing I am sorry but I don't know the magic incantation to make this
: sucker work. I know it's a good card because it works great under
: NetBSD with no hassle.
:
: Hardware in question is a IBM Thinkpad 600X with a Xircom RealPort
: RBE-100(ethernet only)
: It's booting from the 5.1-RELEASE Disc 1 ISO
:
: I get fun stuff like:
:
: cardbus1: Bad header in rom0: [0] ffff

This means that you are using a bad address for the CIS.  You'll need
to set hw.cbb.start_memory to an address that works for your machine.
You'll have to look at other devices on the same bus to see what the
right adress to try is.  It should be something close, that doesn't
cross a too many bit boundry that isn't used by another device on the
bus.

Warner