Still no Xircom Realport in 5.1-REL?

Aron Roberts aron at slam.cc
Wed Jun 11 12:46:17 PDT 2003

So I have been periodically checking in with each minor
update/snap/beta/rc to 5.x to see if My Xircom RBE-100 will work. Since
others seem to have the same card (plus modem) working it seems like
the plain ol' RBE-100 has a good shot at working. I have been doing
searches though mail archives.. and if there is some instruction I am
missing I am sorry but I don't know the magic incantation to make this
sucker work. I know it's a good card because it works great under
NetBSD with no hassle.

Hardware in question is a IBM Thinkpad 600X with a Xircom RealPort
RBE-100(ethernet only)
It's booting from the 5.1-RELEASE Disc 1 ISO

I get fun stuff like:

cardbus1: Bad header in rom0: [0] ffff
dc0: No station address in CIS!
device_probe_and_attach: dc0 attach returned 6

etc..

it does however seem to locate the device earlier in the boot process..
just fails miserably afterwards. I will keep searching but any advice
would be appreciated.