Choosing a new laptop

Peter Radcliffe pir at pir.net
Mon Jul 7 20:04:34 PDT 2003

Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at FreeBSD.org> probably said:
> "deal with it".  Why on earth should I "deal with it" when I have an
> alternative?

Oookaay.

> On the IBM you can't remap the bottom left key.  On Dells you can.
> That's a distinction which makes me choose Dell over IBM.

That isn't a reason that they IBM keyboard is not fully functional.
It's a _preference_.

On a Dell you can't remap wherever the Fn key is, does that make the
keyboard non-functional ? Of course not.

> They do for my requirements.  On Dell laptops I can have an Alt key on
> the bottom left.  On IBM, I can't.

Your requirements, your preferences. Fine, you didn't buy an IBM.
None of this means they re not functional for other people.

> > If you meant something else that prevents it working then please
> > explain.
> No, that's enough.

Ok, you're just abusing the language. Whatever.
*plonk*

P.

pir                pir-sig at pir.net                 pir-sig at net.tufts.edu