Building a new version for my WiTi board

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Wed Nov 14 09:27:50 UTC 2018

On 14/11/2018 10:17, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> On 14/11/2018 08:52, Stanislav Galabov wrote:
>> Hi Willem,
>>
>> Can you try this kernel:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1wevprzlsfegr0/kernel.uboot?dl=0
>>
>> What I notice in your build process is that after your objcopy step
>> you use kernel instead of kernel.bin in the mkimage step. Try using
>> kernel.bin produced in the objcopy step instead as input to mkimage
>> and that should work.
>
> That would be a typo, then.
> I think I had the same mistake the previous time I tried to build.
> I'll first try to fix my build, and then try your kernel.

That was indeed my standard mistake.

Last time I did this I ended up attaching a small harddisk, using the
system as a regular computer with HD.

This WiTi-board I would like to use as a embedded device, and load a
firmware image that includes the file system.

Is there a (set of) script that will do that. I guess so, given that we
now have ARM images in the FreeBSD download.
It might even be a option for make?

--WjW