Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite: coming (hopefully) very soon.

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Wed Jan 2 23:34:32 UTC 2013

Hey all,

My board arrived today and I had a few minutes waiting for a build, so
I added basic board support.  You can see the dmesg here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jmallett/octeon-dmesg/ubiquiti-edgerouter-lite.txt

Note that the flash is connected via USB, which is kind of neat.  I
have not yet set up a filesystem on my device, but it looks like
everything should just work.  There may be a small issue with clocking
on some of the Ethernet parts which is trivial to fix, but I haven't
been able to verify whether we need the fix yet.  I'm unlikely to get
around to it very soon, but I thought people might be interested in
seeing FreeBSD on the EdgeRouter Lite!

Ubiquiti really did a good job here; it's a normalish RJ45 serial
console at 115200, and U-Boot is not restricted in any way.  And they
didn't do anything strange with the hardware that would require lots
of effort to make the Simple Executive work.  This should be a great
platform for FreeBSD, indeed.  I've got an order for a bunch more
coming in one of the next batches and intend to distribute them to
FreeBSD developers.  At $100/each including a power supply and case
they're a fabulous deal.

Thanks,
Juli.