Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite: coming (hopefully) very soon.

Juli Mallett jmallett at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 1 19:52:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko
<gonzo at bluezbox.com> wrote:
>> It's $99 and dual-core CN50xx 500MHz.  A little disappointed it's not
>> an Octeon II, but that's hardly surprising.  By far the cheapest
>> Octeon system available and perhaps one of the best MIPS ones
>> available given the price point.  Should be a lot of fun.
>
> Looks great! Where do I buy  one?

I don't know the answer to that, unfortunately.  It seems like UBNT
possibly didn't anticipate demand well enough :)  I'd look at the
distributors that show up on Google, and see who claims to have stock,
maybe?  Or pre-order from a reliable and trustworthy source like
Netgate or Microcom.  But Microcom are saying they'll have more in
_March_ which is awful.

The only site I see at a glance claiming to have them in-stock doesn't
seem very reputable:

http://www.incrediblefta.com/item/901/1/1/ubiquiti-edgerouter-lite.html

Sounds like the second batch of them is being produced with a
_February_ target, which I didn't anticipate.  I really hoped that
given the obvious pre-release excitement Ubiquiti would have produced
enough to meet demand :/