First RSPRO deployed !

Maciej Milewski milu at dat.pl
Thu Nov 18 07:42:17 UTC 2010

Thursday 18 November 2010 07:53:45 Monthadar Al Jaberi napisał(a):

> >> That would be great! I have problems with mkfwimage.c too. Interesting
> >>
> >> that your firmware version does not start with RSPRO as Adrian
> >>
> >> specified...
> >
> > Because it is Routerstation board not Routerstation Pro.
>
> Sorry, I just assumed from the subject line that it was RSPRO.
>
> > Please explain what problems do you have with the mkfwimage.
>
> I get invalid image error from redboot.
>
> I made changes to mkfwimage according to Adrians instruction, padded
> the kernel image I generated to be 64k and create the filesystem with
> makefs -t ffs -B big...
>
> How do you do it?
>
> --
> //Monthadar Al Jaberi
I don't know what changes because I've got Adrian's mkfwimage and it works :)
If kernel needs padding to 64k maybe rootfs needs the same?  I haven't tried
yet with makefs but image with rootfs=65536 of 0's works.

Do you have proper name of this fw image? I've read somewhere that it's
required.
My working name is RSPRO.ar7100pro.FreeBSD.Test and you can change the last
two words for sure.

Regards,
Maciej Milewski