Success with RouterStation Pro!

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:36:44 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I've been playing with the RouterStation Pro boards and I've managed
to coax them to boot FreeBSD off of the on-board flash.

I've tar'ed up my build scripts and the modified version of the
Ubiquity firmware building program and placed them online for others
to tinker with. You can find the tarball and a high level overview
README file at http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/rspro/ .

The process was (mostly) straight forward, save for some messing about
with a bug in the PCI code which gonzo has fixed in -head. He's also
hacked up a quick patch to make the geom_redboot pick up the on-board
flash: http://sparc64.pastebin.ca/1775142

HTH!

Adrian