how to change entry point for secondary boot loader ?

Alexandr Rybalko ray at dlink.ua
Mon Apr 13 00:57:30 PDT 2009

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 22:52:22 -0600 (MDT)
"M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

>> In message: <22964143.post at talk.nabble.com>
>>             Lucky443 <lucky.veeramallu at gmail.com> writes:
>> :
>> : Hi All,
>> : I have a KMC board with mips VR4131 processor. The target board
>> already : having cmon boot loader on flash. Now I need to put my
>> yamon boot loader : which I modified according to the requirement on
>> the flash. As we know MIPS : have fixed starting address 0xbfc00000,
>> how to change this address to other : address so that after power on
>> it can enter to the new address (boot : loader).
>> : If any one has some idea, please help me
>> : Thanks in advance.
>>
>> You can't change MIPS' power-on address.  It is hard-coded for a
>> reason...
>>
>> If you put yamon on the flash, it should start instead of cmon...

Good day.

Some MIPS board have ability to add alternate window if flash bigger
than 4M, for BCM5354 chip it is 0x1c000000, when flash 8M size.

Then lower 4M accessible via 0x1fc00000 and via 0x1c000000, bigger 4M
only via 0x1c000000, because 0x1fc00000 segment end on 0x20000000
boundary.

Alexandr Rybalko <ray at dlink.ua>