unsuccessful compiling of port postgresql-jdbc with openjdk7

Jan jurak yan.jurak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 09:24:40 UTC 2011

On 10/19/2011 07:40 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Στις Monday 17 October 2011 11:28:30 ο/η Jan jurak έγραψε:
>> Thank you for response/informations Ronald,
>>
>> Compiling with OpenJDK6 works, but maintaner of runing application do
>> not recommend this JDK.
> I don't know which jdk they do recommend, but i find it strange to prefer OpenJDK7 over OpenJDK6 .
Maintainer recommend SUN JDK version 6 update 16 and higher.
Unfortunatelly native java from port java/JDK16 was refused by
application because outdated. I am testing right now OpenJDK7 and
java/linux-sun-jdk16.

> Did you bring this up in jdbc-postgresql?
No. Patch from Barbara http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=161040
updated driver version from 8.1 to 9.3. I guess the issue with OpenJDK7
was by postgreql-jdbc community already fixed.