openjdk6-b17 Pre Release 2

Stephen McKay smckay at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 5 00:39:24 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, 4th November 2009, Brian Gardner wrote:

>I've completed work on pre release version 2.  You can gain early
>access to this port by downloading it from:
>http://www.getsnappy.com/downloads/openjdk6-b17-pr2.tar.gz

Cool!

>Pre Release 2 features these fixes:
>no more ugly fonts!

It's getting closer, but there's still something amiss.  Try running
the old Sun Font2DTest and there are obvious differences between the
other JDKs (diablo, linux, and native freebsd jdk 1.6) vs openjdk6-b17-pr2.

For a start, the font selected for the buttons, etc, is different
and the general layout is distorted (some of it doesn't show up
until you resize).

Then if you look at the fonts displayed by the tool, they differ.
I've found that "Utopia" is instructive as the E and F have been
nibbled by mice in the openjdk6-b17-pr2 version. :-)

I'm running 7.2-p3 with most ports dating from 7.2-R, if that matters.

>include fastdebug build options creates a mirrored /usr/local/openjdk6-
>fastdebug installation

Forgive my ignorance, but what's this for?

Cheers,

Stephen.