javadoc authoring tool?

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd2008 at kiwi-computer.com
Mon Jan 12 00:05:57 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 03:03:01PM -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:

> Trying to finish up a learning prject of mine (for java and eclipse), and only
> need to generate the javadoc comments.  Anybody know if there's a good FreeBSD
> port for javadoc authoring?  Or, what's your favorite?  I could write it without
> that, but I'm trying here to learn as many good tools as I can, and so I want a
> authoring tool if I can get one (I can't find (yet) any feature of eclipse to do
> this).

You mean aside from /usr/local/bin/javadoc (which comes with any jdk)?  Are
you talking about a program to compile the javadoc or a tool to help you
write it?  Eclipse makes authoring javadoc easy, since all you should need
to do is type "/**" and either space or enter and it will auto-fill the
expected attributes.

-- Rick C. Petty