javadoc authoring tool?

Pieter de Goeje pieter at degoeje.nl
Sun Jan 11 17:20:41 PST 2009

On Sunday 11 January 2009 21:03:01 Chuck Robey wrote:
> Trying to finish up a learning prject of mine (for java and eclipse), and
> only need to generate the javadoc comments.  Anybody know if there's a good
> FreeBSD port for javadoc authoring?  Or, what's your favorite?  I could
> write it without that, but I'm trying here to learn as many good tools as I
> can, and so I want a authoring tool if I can get one (I can't find (yet)
> any feature of eclipse to do this).

I don't know exactly what you mean by javadoc "authoring", but eclipse has
pretty neat auto completing javadoc support. If by generating javadoc you
mean automatic @param generation, then yes, eclipse does that too. The
generate javadoc menu item also works pretty well ;-). It's all I ever needed
for my javadoc needs.

Cheers,
Pieter de Goeje