diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_7 crashes SIGSEGV

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Mon Dec 21 08:43:06 UTC 2009

Στις Sunday 20 December 2009 19:16:05 ο/η Peter Palmreuther έγραψε:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/17/2009 at 20:57 Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>
> > Peter,
> > have you tried:
> > a) building the native FreeBSD 8.0 jdk1.6 from ports?
> > b) openjdk6?
> > my intuition says that the native jdk1.6 (non diablo) could be the best option for FreeBSD 8.0, at least at this stage.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I've installed 'jdk-1.6.0.3p4_13' from ports but get different problems using it.
> Tomcat, which I'd like to run, doesn't start using native JDK.
> Meanwhile I found freebsd-java list archive, searched a little bit and guess I'm running into

> I'll try if my Tomcat can be started using '-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true' and then use native JDK1.6.\

Thats almost a classic situation, no idea tho, why Andrew Reilly (the PR  originator) didn't manage to make it work.
Just add -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true, or just recompile jdk16 to disable IPV6 support.
See also here: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=9531

As Greg, said, we better focus on openjdk, try to use tomcat with openjdk. (its available as a package, in case you want to avoid compilations)
I have used openjdk with jboss succesfully, for the last 2 weeks (but so did i for diablo as well).
I hope you manage to solve your issue.

--
Achilleas Mantzios