mysql-connector-java50 port -- anyone still using it?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 16:12:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of the mysql-connector-java50 port, which was forked off
from mysql-connector-java some years ago.  As this port is now well behind the
current mysql-connector-java at version 5.1.10, and it depends on JDK 1.4 or 1.5,
I wonder how much use it is nowadays.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm minded to send in a PR to deprecate (and eventually
remove) the port in the next few days.  So, if this is something you rely upon,
please speak now or forever hold your peace.  If there's still any interest in
keeping the port, I shall leave well alone.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
                                                  Kent, CT11 9PW