JDK ports questions

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Wed Mar 19 15:55:56 UTC 2008

Στις Wednesday 19 March 2008 17:34:01 ο/η Oliver Fromme έγραψε:
> Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>  > Oliver Fromme wrote:
>  > > What is the difference between ports/java/diablo-jdk15
>  > > and ports/java/jdk15?  Which of them should be used?
>  >
>  > ports/java/diablo-jdk15 is the ports way of installing the
>  > binary package, you can do the same with pkg_add -r.
>
> I see.  So I basically get the same result as downloading
> the package from freebsdfoundation.org (which is not what
> I want).
>
> Thanks for answering!
>
>  > > So far I have only used the Sun-blessed binary package
>  > > from the FreeBSD foundation download page, so I don't
>  > > know much about the various ports.  However, those
>  > > packages are now quite old, so I would like to build
>  > > an up-to-date JDK for FreeBSD 7.  Which port should
>  > > be used for that?
>  >
>  > For FreeBSD 7.0, you will have to install misc/compat6x
>
> But it's only required for the bootstrap, right?
> I.e. when I have built the JDK successfully, I don't
> need compat6x anymore, I assume.

No, the diablo-jdk1.5.0 executable depends on
/usr/local/lib/compat/libpthread.so.2 which is in compat6x-i386

Bootstrap issues exist when you need e.g. a linux jdk in order to compile
the java classes of the FreeBSD native port. In that case you install the
linux-jdk-whatever, build/install the native port, pkg_deintall the linux-jdk-...

For some reason, now that i look at it, compat6x is not recorded as
a prerequisite for diablo-jdk1.5.0,
[achix at panix ~]% pkg_info -Rr diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_9
Information for diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_9:

Depends on:
Dependency: xtrans-1.0.4
Dependency: xproto-7.0.10_1
Dependency: xextproto-7.0.2
Dependency: javavmwrapper-2.3
Required by:
apache-ant-1.7.0_1

Is there a problem, or is my pkg db broken?

--
Achilleas Mantzios

KOSOVO IS SERBIA FOR EVER