Azureus + 7-STABLE == Slow download + No Upload

Andreas Rudisch cyb. at gmx.net
Tue Apr 1 07:44:47 PDT 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:59:08 -0300
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:

> Is anyone running Azureus on 7-STABLE and getting decent performance from it?
>
> I just upgraded to 7-STABLE, installed /usr/ports/java/jdk15 (instead of
> diablo) so that it uses libthr (checked with ldd), and now I'm barely able to
> get one downloaded, let alone multiple, and almost nothing uploaded ...

> I have nothing in my /etc/libmap.conf file ...

I had the problem too when testing FreeBSD 7.0-RC2. Azureus would start
but data transfer was very slow, if there was a connection happing to
other peers at all.

On FreeBSD 6.1/2/3 Azureus shows the same behaviour (at least on my PC)
when _not_ using /etc/libmap.conf to map libthread to libc_r.

Work-arounds like using other clients are one thing, but I would like
to see a fix for this on FreeBSD 7. Is there anything that can be done
to help identify / solve the problem?

Andreas
--
GnuPG key  : 0x2A573565    |    http://www.gnupg.org/howtos/de/
Fingerprint: 925D 2089 0BF9 8DE5 9166  33BB F0FD CD37 2A57 3565