Please test the new 1.6.0 patchset

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Sun Jun 10 15:40:43 UTC 2007

All,

If you're not afraid to build the JDK from scratch without a port,
please try the "current" (new) JDK 1.6 patchset (see
http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/jdk16.html).  This is based
on the 1.6.0 Update 1 Build b06 JRL source.

Unless I get some showstopper reports I plan to release this as
patchset 1 sometime next week.  The raw patchset itself will have
problems if you don't have the /usr/X11R6 symlink, but this will be
fixed in the port.

I haven't yet created the jdk16 port, which is why you'll have to
build it from scratch ;).  It should be reasonably similar to the current
jdk15 port though.

If the build is successful you should see something like this:

> /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_01-p1"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_01-p1-glewis_19_may_2007_14_14-b00)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_01-p1-glewis_19_may_2007_14_14-b00, mixed mode)

(This is on i386 -- you'll see the Server VM on amd64).

Note that I'll be out of town until Tuesday evening, so I may be unable to
respond to any problems before then.
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com