Please test the new 1.6.0 patchset

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jbq at caraldi.com
Sun Jun 17 09:47:28 UTC 2007

* Greg Lewis:

> If you're  not afraid to  build the  JDK from scratch  without a
> port,  please try  the  "current" (new)  JDK  1.6 patchset  (see
> http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/jdk16.html).   This is
> based on the 1.6.0 Update 1 Build b06 JRL source.
>
> Unless I get some showstopper reports  I plan to release this as
> patchset 1  sometime next  week.  The  raw patchset  itself will
> have problems if you don't have the /usr/X11R6 symlink, but this
> will be fixed in the port.
>
> I haven't yet  created the jdk16 port, which is  why you'll have
> to build it from scratch ;).  It should be reasonably similar to
> the current jdk15 port though.

I  need JDK  1.6, as  the  Linux version  is not  good enough  (it
creates files  with funny  permissions), but I  don't think  I can
afford to build  from scratch.  However once you've  got the jdk16
port available  somewhere I can download  it and test it.   It can
wait a few days/weeks more, no problem.

Thanks for your work Greg,
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot