is possible to run FreeBSD java on HP ProLiant DL145 G2

Palle Girgensohn girgen at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 14 06:42:04 PST 2006

Hi,

Java 1.4.2 cannot run in 64-bit mode (you need 1.5 for 64 bits, it is a
limitation in the JDK, not the OS), so you will have to settle with 32-bit
version of OS and jdk if you need 1.4.2.

If you can accept running jdk1.5.0, which is still beta quality, you can
install the 64 bit vesrsion of FreeBSD - amd64 - and jdk-1.5.0 from ports.
I have not run it on HP DL145, but on other recent HPs. Works fine for me.

regards,
Palle

--On torsdag, januari 12, 2006 16.50.48 +0300 Svyatoslav Bezgin