Building java in a Jail ...

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Apr 10 16:54:54 UTC 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I just tried to build java 1.5 within a FreeBSD 6.x / amd64 based
> jail ... it gets most of the way through, and hangs, with several
> java processes running with very high %CPU ... so, I killed it all
> off, figured I'd start from scratch and see how it goes a second
> time through ... but, now when I type 'make', it fails with:
>
> # make
> ===>  Building for jdk-1.5.0p3
> ERROR: You must have LINPROCFS mounted before
> starting to build the native JDK 1.5.0.
>
> You may do it with the following commands:
>
> # kldload linprocfs
>
> and
>
> # mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /compat/linux/proc
>
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.
>
> But, I did mount it ... the problem is, 'df' doesn't show it ...
> not sure if there is a 'clean workaround' for this, but figured I'd
> mention it ... I'm going to do the 'make package' on a different
> machine that has more CPU/memory, so not too concerned with the
> above ... but it might hit someone else ...

Check in the archives.  I had a similar problem but cannot remember
how it was solved in the end.  I did post about solving it though,
based on a comment in another thread that was having a different
problem.  I am not on amd64 but the issue sounds the same.

btw, you mount the linprocfs in the master, not inside the jail, but
inside the jails FS.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC