Building java in a Jail ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Apr 10 15:48:34 UTC 2006

I just tried to build java 1.5 within a FreeBSD 6.x / amd64 based jail ...
it gets most of the way through, and hangs, with several java processes
running with very high %CPU ... so, I killed it all off, figured I'd start
from scratch and see how it goes a second time through ... but, now when I
type 'make', it fails with:

# make
===>  Building for jdk-1.5.0p3
ERROR: You must have LINPROCFS mounted before
starting to build the native JDK 1.5.0.

You may do it with the following commands:

# kldload linprocfs

and

# mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /compat/linux/proc

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.

But, I did mount it ... the problem is, 'df' doesn't show it ... not sure
if there is a 'clean workaround' for this, but figured I'd mention it ...
I'm going to do the 'make package' on a different machine that has more
CPU/memory, so not too concerned with the above ... but it might hit
someone else ...

  ----