Ideal Diablo 1.5 binaries platform

Michael Vince mv at roq.com
Sat Apr 8 10:01:22 UTC 2006

Greg Lewis wrote:

>Hi Michael,
>
>On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 01:14:08PM +1000, Michael Vince wrote:
>

>>I would like to say its great news to see Certified FreeBSD binaries for
>>Java. Congratulations to all those at FreeBSD who made it happen.
>>
>>On the down side I have also been testing out the new binary Java with
>>Tomcat 5.5.12 and have been easily able to crash it.
>>Is there a recommend platform version of FreeBSD for using these new
>>binaries?
>>I tried on 6.0 release and it was worse then using 6-stable, I am still
>>going to do more testing with my environment setups.
>>

>The recommended versions are 5.4 or 6.0, depending on which binary you
>grabbed.  Those are the platforms the binaries was tested on.
>
>Can you please post the crash information?

Yeah I will post some sometime soon, but they do all appear to be thread
related.
So far I have found that running 6-stable seems to work better and
changing the threading libraries around
I currently have this in my /etc/libmap.conf for using the older libc_r
threading library and I have been benchmarking a Java servlet non stop
for around 12 hours now and seems to be fine. I haven't really started
testing on libthr yet but the libthr seems to work a lot better then the
default pthread as well.

[/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/]
libpthread.so           libc_r.so
libpthread.so.2         libc_r.so.6