ought to be posted

Brian Clapper brian-freebsd-008 at clapper.org
Fri Mar 25 07:09:41 PST 2005

On 24 March, 2005, at 22:34 (+0000)
Chuck Robey <chuckr at chuckr.org> wrote:

> I just *finally* found the mail about the known error, dealing with the
> need for jdk1.5.0 needing to be invoked with it's full path.  I'm not so
> unhappy in finding it, more unhappy in finding out that it was a known
> problem and not on the website.  I spent a lot of time on this.

Back in January,, I posted a comment on this same issue. See
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2005-January/003420.html

A couple days ago, I got time to experiment with this problem again. I
found that installing the javavmwrapper port, and invoking the 1.5.0 "java"
and "javac" executables via the wrapper, solved the problem for me. (I
should've tried something that obvious sooner.)

Regards,

Brian Clapper, http://www.clapper.org/bmc/
After any machine or unit has been assembled, extra components will be
found on the bench.
        -- "Industry at Work," Oilways, n2., 1972, pp. 16-17. Humble Oil
           & Refining Company., Houston, TX