ports/81458: Update www/jakarta-tomcat5 to 5.5

Scott Balmos scott.balmos at utoledo.edu
Mon Jun 6 18:00:10 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR ports/81458; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Scott Balmos" <scott.balmos at utoledo.edu>
To: "Herve Quiroz" <herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc: "Scott Balmos" <scott.balmos at utoledo.edu>,
 "Kang Liu" <liukang at bjut.edu.cn>,
 bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/81458: Update www/jakarta-tomcat5 to 5.5
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:56:28 -0400 (EDT)

 Hi Herve,

 <quote who="Herve Quiroz">
 > Hi Scott,
 >
 > I agree with you. Now, the best would be that someone(tm) update "Java
 > and Jakarta Tomcat on FreeBSD" [1] to reflect the latest tomcat ports
 > additions and changes.

 I'll page through it later on this afternoon. I might take a stab at
 updating it after I get 5.5 running through the new Port.

 > Ah, there's another port (textproc/xalan-j) that has some trouble with
 > JDK 1.5. If you could tell me more about those XML compatibility JARs, I
 > think I could solve this one as well.

 http://apache.mirrormax.net/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.5.9/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-compat.tar.gz

 ...or for the Makefile...

 ${MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR}/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-compat.tar.gz

 I know it should really be ${SOMETHING}-compat.tar.gz , but I can't find
 the appropriate variables. Haven't done much Porting myself. It includes
 JARs for JMX backports, and the Xerces XML stuff.

 Hrm... Just noticed Hibernate isn't in Ports. Maybe that'll be my next
 task. LOL

 --Scott